How should marriage work?

Discussion in 'Shadowblockz Discussion' started by SlyPrince, Jan 8, 2018.

?

How do you think marriage should work?

1. Just the "/marry" command

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Priests

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. SlyPrince

SlyPrince Retired Staff
    VIP+

Ratings:
    +239
    SlyPrince
    With the reset, you may have noticed that the marriage plugin was added to Shadowblockz. However if you were to try marry anyone, you would find that you aren't able to, this is because we need to decide how we want it to work (not really, its just because no-one would say yes to you, but lets just pretend :D).

There are two possible ways that it could work:
    1. Instant marriage through simply typing /marry and the other person accepting.
    2. Marriage involving a priest who is needed to marry the two people.

Discuss your thoughts and vote on the poll to help give a feel of what the community wants on this o_O

• AMAZING! AMAZING! x 1
  2. MineHero43

MineHero43 Retired Staff
    MVP

Ratings:
    +2,030
    Why don’t yall stop wasting your time on silly roleplay and actually fix issues on the server.
    Personally think this is something which would take the team a few minutes to decide. I don’t think a public debate is necessary.

Just my opinion though

3. Harryimp7

Harryimp7 Active Player

Ratings:
    +98
    Harryimp
    Add a priest and a church and then the couple can have a baby

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Vern

Vern Fatmin // Community Manager
    Admin Community Manager

Ratings:
    +1,533
    _Vern
    how even

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Infamously

Infamously Well-Known Player
    MVP

Ratings:
    +533
    Um no marriage system bc miss me wit dat gay shiii but wot yall could work on instead is things like mob stacker, ore buff, cactus. withdraw and actual helpful stuff. Its not a rp server

• Like Like x 1
  6. Harryimp7

Harryimp7 Active Player

Ratings:
    +98
    Harryimp
    Wanna know detail.
    Ruining fun (+_+)

#6 Harryimp7, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2018
  7. Tophatgaming123

Tophatgaming123 Active Player
    MVP

Ratings:
    +71
    TopHatGaming123
    In my opinion, I think that the marriage system should be temporarily removed and actual issues that the server has should be fixed first, then you can read it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Vern

Admin Community Manager

Ratings:
    +1,533
    _Vern
    Sure marriage is something small in terms of Minecraft, but when asked to give input on something; a constructive community should give ideas based on what they're asked.

We've heard your thoughts on the economy etc, we know what you want. Don't just disregard something because it doesn't suit your current intentions.

• AMAZING! AMAZING! x 1
  9. MineHero43

MineHero43 Retired Staff
    MVP

Ratings:
    +2,030
    The thread literally asks if we should have the simple /marry command or have some villager priests who come and magically marry you, as you can see, the majority want the simple command which should’ve been added from the very beginning. Pretty sure the staff team is at least somewhat competent enough to decide on that. Yes, it is a very small feature and a very simple decision to make. Would take the staff team at least 5 minutes to discuss

10. Vern

Admin Community Manager

Ratings:
    +1,533
    _Vern
    It seems your goal is to pick apart everything we do hmm. We're asking community feedback, not sure how this is a bad thing

11. MineHero43

MineHero43 Retired Staff
    MVP

Ratings:
    +2,030
    There is a difference between asking for community feedback and wasting time. Why not ask for the community’s input when you make new rules? Why don’t you (as the so called ‘community manager’) spend time asking players what they would like to see, making threads about the state of the server and asking for feedback, you can’t just ask us if we want a simple command added and then claim that you are doing us a favour or that you are representing us as a community (seeing as you are the community manager) Then again, you did tell me (a member of the community that you manage) to leave the server because I disagreed with you, but that is besides the point. How about you ask for community feedback for bigger issues and actually address those issues instead of wasting time on small role play stuff like this. Of course, I won’t judge you if you think the marry plugin is more important

#11 MineHero43, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  12. Vern

Admin Community Manager

Ratings:
    +1,533
    _Vern
    I have "idea threads" pretty much ready to go, may as well post them now as this hasn't really gained all that much information. The purpose of this thread is to simply vote on something, like a community poll.

Anyways, back on topic. I feel if you're going to go with a roleplay element, you may as well go all out and introduce priests etc. Just an opinion though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MineHero43

MineHero43 Retired Staff
    MVP

Ratings:
    +2,030
    That is a good way to start doing your job

14. Infamously

Infamously Well-Known Player
    MVP

Ratings:
    +533
    Damn u should do my essays

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. AhVeryNice

AhVeryNice Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +423
    AhVeryNice
    If I can't marry my sisters cousin with this here plugin I ain't want it

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • AMAZING! AMAZING! x 1
  16. Tophatgaming123

Tophatgaming123 Active Player
    MVP

Ratings:
    +71
    TopHatGaming123
    Well in my opinion, this is a way constructive, that it should temporarily be re-released at a better more opportune date when more major updates can come, if you need help or need suggestions to improve such a small plugin, then adding a big update or patch will definitely be harder to get right, so disposing of this and reading it later would be a fit solution to the current problems.

17. Harryimp7

Harryimp7 Active Player

Ratings:
    +98
    Harryimp
    MineHero why you beefing with Vern. You should be happy he's asking the community, if he just adds things without us knowing then rip. What if it's removing iron golems, Infamously would be annoyed and he didn't get to have a say in it. Frankly your not staff, let them do your job and you enjoy the game.

• GG GG x 1
  18. MineHero43

MineHero43 Retired Staff
    MVP

Ratings:
    +2,030
    Someone’s been brainwashed.
    I don’t consider wasting time as “doing their job” but everyone has their own opinion

19. DanielRoxy

DanielRoxy New Player

Ratings:
    +18
    Please stop being so triggered everyone, you're trying to improve gameplay by adding new features. Great! But don't make such a big deal out of it, calling people bad staff-members and whatnot, they're trying to do their job. And staff, don't flame at the players either, they're also just trying to their best to improve the server to your advantage.
    -jaimy
    yes I forgot my main account details

• Like Like x 3
  20. Harryimp7

Harryimp7 Active Player

Ratings:
    +98
    Harryimp
    JaimyPower?