SkyBlock Reset

Discussion in 'Skyblock' started by ASH_PEARSON_, Sep 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ASH_PEARSON_

ASH_PEARSON_ Member
    MVP+

Ratings:
    +37
    ASH_PEARSON
    SkyBlock seems to be dead, buggy and unmaintained. Since it's been a over a year now since it was last reset (August 12 2016). Will SkyBlock ever be brought back to life in any way?, with Towns now becoming boring once more (my opinion), would be good to have something fresh to start on.

Are they any plans to have SkyBlock updated and maintained properly again?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Vern

Vern Mod Man

Ratings:
    +1,253
    _Vern
    I guess this warrants an important announcement...

Due to our current funding situation, adding another server like KitPVP (a server where we believe the network can benefit greatly from) means we'll have to interchange servers; this meaning Skyblock will be temporarily disabled once KitPVP launches. As much as myself and other community members want Skyblock to remain on SBN, our funds do not allow both the addition of KitPVP and for Skyblock (a low traffic server) to remain online.

We're truly sorry for any inconvenience caused, but it's for the prosperity of the network.
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    • AMAZING! AMAZING! x 1
  3. ASH_PEARSON_

ASH_PEARSON_ Member
    MVP+

Ratings:
    +37
    ASH_PEARSON
    Yeah I did wonder how you'd add KitPVP back, without taking any other game types away, considering how much we are told there's no money left for SBN to function normally.

I suppose SkyBlock only really remained active for 2-3 months after the last reset. I'm sure KitPVP will go the same way once it's brought back soon, it's a shame.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. SlyPrince

SlyPrince Active Member
    VIP+

Ratings:
    +147
    SlyPrince
    If anyone REALLY missed SkyBlock and couldn't get over their loss, they could always recreate a SkyBlock island for a town on Towns ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Infamously

Infamously Well-Known Member
    MVP

Ratings:
    +405
    Never -1

• Like Like x 1
  6. ASH_PEARSON_

ASH_PEARSON_ Member
    MVP+

Ratings:
    +37
    ASH_PEARSON
    You think KitPVP will be a huge success?

7. SlyPrince

SlyPrince Active Member
    VIP+

Ratings:
    +147
    SlyPrince
    I do, if you search Shadowblockz, what comes up on YouTube is KitPvP. It was clearly loved by the community and most old players will tell you that they miss the server, as well as it being a mistake removing it.

Ultimately, KitPvP will be more of a success than SkyBlock currently is. Old players are already coming back to the server in anticipation of it's return. Many are also likely to return once it is finally here. With a currently more active Towns as well, player count has been higher than it usually is, even increasing with new players joining the community and staying. So things are looking quite positive for the server in my opinion.

Make Shadowblockz Great Again!

8. ASH_PEARSON_

ASH_PEARSON_ Member
    MVP+

Ratings:
    +37
    ASH_PEARSON
    KitPVP always ends one way though;
    - People get killed multiple times by the same player
    - Dead players calls hacks on the killer
    - Trash talk and arguing pursues
    - Dead player has enough and gets hacks
    - First killer who wasn't hacking to begin with but was just good at PVP loses gear to the hackers, then tells staff that hackers are on KitPVP
    - Staff get headache after having to continually keep switching from Towns which they are playing on to deal with the stuff happening on PVP.
    - Staff are embroiled in the chat arguments, multiple people are warned/muted.

And repeat above senario every single day for the next 2 months until players gradually stop playing KitPVP.

3 months later, KitPVP is dead and inactive due to nobody wanting to play against hackers and/or raging children in the chat. Plus playing against players that just don't PVP and instead sit in the safe spawn area trash talking about how good at PVP they are, but never leave spawn protection.

Did that sum up KitPVP in a nutshell, cannot wait for the release date :D

9. SlyPrince

SlyPrince Active Member
    VIP+

Ratings:
    +147
    SlyPrince
    Ok, so i see what you're saying and would agree, were it not for a few points;

1. DJ has said that KitPvP will have the latest anti-cheat, that should help deal with some hacking.

2. Trash talk and arguing may fall under inappropriate language, if there is profanity, or player disrespect if there is bullying. Both of which are punishable and should deter people. Of course this will not prevent all trash talk and arguing but should stop the most toxic kinds.

3. Players will not be able to switch between KitPvP and Towns to complain about or accuse of hackers. Towns is 1.12.1 only, KitPvP is 1.7.10, they would have to reload minecraft in a different version to come on towns, which would be too much effort for them.

Finally, the trash talk and bragging is part of KitPvP culture, players know they are likely to encounter some level of it and choose to play. As long as it remains in hand players will not leave because of it.

10. ASH_PEARSON_

ASH_PEARSON_ Member
    MVP+

Ratings:
    +37
    ASH_PEARSON
    1. Cheaters will always find hacks that aviod detection, every game that exists has some sort of anti-cheat system in place, yet every single game still suffers with hackers. Lets not kid ourselves into believing this new version of KitPVP will be any different.

2. Agreed, constant arguing and inappropraite language is punishable. However, for it to be punished you'd need to have constantly active staff members playing on the 1.7.10 version and on KitPVP, something SBN doesn't have all to often. Unless the more inactive staff members come back and play more often like a @Jambo Squidge or a @AxewarriorRBLX. To help the others like @GummieBear047, @Anchorbait and @xSilencers that are very active (that I see playing within my time zone, considering other staff may not be from UK).

3. So there lies a new problem, differing versions of minecraft. If people cannot tell staff that may be on Towns that there's hackers on KitPVP without the whole time consuming switching versions, hackers may go unreported, or take time to get caught and banned right there and then to resolve a current situation without it being prolonged, that could turn people away. Who'd want to continue playing if a hacker is just going to take your gear.

11. Vern

Vern Mod Man

Ratings:
    +1,253
    _Vern
    Majority of SBN's player base is on discord, most reports are sent through said platform. Likelihood is hackers won't go unreported because of the differ in versions.

12. ASH_PEARSON_

ASH_PEARSON_ Member
    MVP+

Ratings:
    +37
    ASH_PEARSON
    I knew one of you would jump straight onto the 'unreported' part of my message, ignoring the part about, 'or take time to get caught and banned right there and then to resolve a current situation without it being prolonged, that could turn people away'

P.S. sorry @Vern i forgot to add you to the active staff member part of my message, since there's no edit function on here, i couldn't change my message.

13. Duckey

Duckey Retired-Staff
    MVP

Ratings:
    +3,246
    Wasnt there a whole other thread about this? Lmao

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Vern

Vern Mod Man

Ratings:
    +1,253
    _Vern
    No..? Am I missing something here?

• HYPE! HYPE! x 1
  15. ASH_PEARSON_

ASH_PEARSON_ Member
    MVP+

Ratings:
    +37
    ASH_PEARSON
    @Duckey has some inside information as a retired staff member, confirmed.

• GG GG x 1
  16. Infamously

Infamously Well-Known Member
    MVP

Ratings:
    +405
    Better then sb would ever

• Like Like x 1
  17. ASH_PEARSON_

ASH_PEARSON_ Member
    MVP+

Ratings:
    +37
    ASH_PEARSON
    I don't rate SkyBlock or KitPVP, both are bad. I just wasn't sure what was happening with SkyBlock since it had been 13 months and no updates on it.

18. GummieBear047

GummieBear047 Admin // Punishment Manager
    Admin

Ratings:
    +635
    GummieBear047
    There was nothing wrong with the Skyblock server. It was a simple, fun option, unencumbered by the trappings of Towns and the need for huge farms. Challenges kept Skyblock interesting, but sadly as people completed the challenges they stopped playing or moved to other servers on SBN. There had been updates, quietly incorporated and added such as nether wart being sellable to shop along with seeds and other items. Those that were active on Skyblock were aware of changes as they were made. While it will be sad to see Skyblock go, the excitement for Kitpvp's return is a good thing to see for Shadowblockz in general.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ASH_PEARSON_

ASH_PEARSON_ Member
    MVP+

Ratings:
    +37
    ASH_PEARSON
    I think what you are saying @GummieBear047 is more of your own opinion than one that others possibly shared. Challenges where boring, didn't really add to the game. Overall SkyBlock was just an ordinary vanilla SkyBlock, nothing to get excited about, probably why only the die hard SkyBlock fans stuck around for the initial few weeks.

Adding nether wart into Skyblock is hardly an update lol.

20. GummieBear047

GummieBear047 Admin // Punishment Manager
    Admin

Ratings:
    +635
    GummieBear047

Seems to me that what you have been saying is all opinion on your part as well. Some people don't need more than ordinary vanilla to be happy and it was much more than for the initial few weeks. I mentioned nether wart, but that was hardly the only update. You seem intent on making this an argument based off your preferences and not of the good of Shadowblockz. This started as a thread asking about Skyblock and since Vern answered that question already there is no reason to leave this thread open.

Thread Locked.

• Like Like x 4
    • GG GG x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.