The Proposal

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by DJNinjaCrash, Oct 13, 2017.

?

Do you like this proposal?

Poll closed Oct 20, 2017.
  1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    91.2%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. DJNinjaCrash

DJNinjaCrash Owner // Development Manager
    Owner

Ratings:
    +2,485
    DJNinjaCrash
    Over the past one to two months we have been throwing around an idea in relation to the structure of Shadowblockz. Recently, we released the KitPVP server which has become one of the emptiest servers on Shadowblockz. This has now made us think once again about the idea that had been thrown around.

We're proposing that we revert Shadowblockz to the Towns server it used to be. Meaning, Shadowblockz would simply consist of the Towns server.

This would mean that all development can be focused in one place, all events can be focused in one place, and all players can play together in one place. There are many benefits to doing so which we feel would be the best way to go in relation to the future of Shadowblockz.

We're interested to hear your opinions on this, so we have added a Poll to the thread you can vote on to express your views.

• Like Like x 2
    • AMAZING! AMAZING! x 2
  2. CookieGuy

CookieGuy Active Member
    MVP

Ratings:
    +261
    MR_pinguing
    This would benefit the server alot and would also bring down costs of the server and since the lack off funding and DJ probably having to pay alot of money for the server this would be a very smart decission if you want to keep the server as long as you can online. +1

• GG GG x 1
  3. Infamously

Infamously Well-Known Member
    MVP

Ratings:
    +477
    Omg yes yes yes yes yes omg pls Jesus
    But first fix hoppers pls dad

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. shadowspace13

shadowspace13 Active Member
    MVP+

Ratings:
    +225
    Shadowspace14
    +1

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vern

Vern Retired Staff
    MVP+

Ratings:
    +1,385
    _Vern
    The server is basically a towny server anyway, this is inevitable.

• Like Like x 3
  6. FurphGamesYT

FurphGamesYT Active Member
    VIP+

Ratings:
    +157
    Basic fact is that it should only be one server because of the limited resources you have, think about it, you are spending all this money into hosting these servers that are never used when that money COULD be used else where in promotional work, I think that if you get rid of everything, rebrand a few things, logo, forums theme etc etc and get more advertisement you could be back on track to success, Shadowblockz has seen better days thats one thing most of us can agree on.

If you were to do this, keeping a server like creative could be an advantage, it would allow townies to build their concepts rather than jumping the gun and wasting their resources it would allow people with a creative mind express their passion for building. Investing in some custom mods/pluggins (idk how MC works nowadays) could be benificial because you would be a unique server. There is great potential for something like this and I'd love to share all my ideas, but unless this happens, I don't know if I will.

Farewell for now folks
    Its ya boi Furph, Signing off.

• AMAZING! AMAZING! x 1
  7. endercrawlers

endercrawlers Active Member
    MVP

Ratings:
    +162
    Honestly some people are trying to bring back how SBN used to be and that is fine and all, but nothing is the same as it was in the past if it changed because people have changed. Everything is up to those in charge, but I would like to say that you try making something custom and not something you just throw together and say here you go this is the server like I think it kinda has been done. I think the players of this server needs some new things because this server has been online for a while and custom stuff is how you can get players now. It is either that or have an HCF and try to talk to people to play it on it. Like try to find old SBN players and ask them if they would play it if the server had staff that can screen share. It would also have to have something different from any other server. I really hope SBN becomes popular again, but this was one of my first MC servers I was on and I want to see it alive. I would also like to see a bunch of players online even during school days for both western hemisphere and eastern hemisphere. So what i'm trying to say it take off kitpvp and creative and keep towny and try to make something like towny since people like it, but completely custom. To make it something that no other server has, so that players have a really good reason to play SBN again. Even the players that stopped playing the server.

On another note I think that the staff is a little scrambled even those I have not been on the staff team. I think that everyone should have a lower staff member under them to help them do their job better. This way not everyone is trying to do the same thing and sometimes messing up and having to unban or undo that thing that they accidentally did wrong.

This has been SkyBornPlays or otherwise known as endercrawler
    If you want to contact me find me on discord because I am usually on that or the website since I get those notifications on my phone.

• AMAZING! AMAZING! x 1
  8. caleyt

caleyt New Member
    MVP+

Ratings:
    +28
    caleyt
    Like the ideas that everyone has suggested. But could creative be kept?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. AstroPizza

AstroPizza Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +365
    I personally will probably never play again but in the best interest of the server, it's probably best.

Hope it all turns out well!

• GG GG x 1
  10. Blocky

Blocky Well-Known Member
    MVP+

Ratings:
    +804
    BlockyDaBoss
    I completely agree with this, I was talking to some players in-game yesterday and we were talking about issues etc etc.

I think this would benefit the server massively like what @CookieGuy said.

I think if this was going to happen obviously reset towny so any players who have never played towny can get a chance.
    +1

11. fleetboyjared

fleetboyjared Member

Ratings:
    +32
    I want a HCF server +1

I don't really understand the concept and goal oft owns but it seems it's popular so +|1

• GG GG x 1
  12. DJNinjaCrash

DJNinjaCrash Owner // Development Manager
    Owner

Ratings:
    +2,485
    DJNinjaCrash
    The only issue with resetting towns, is that towns reset less than four months ago :Notch:

• AMAZING! AMAZING! x 1
  13. Vern

Vern Retired Staff
    MVP+

Ratings:
    +1,385
    _Vern
    Reset every 4 months, 3 resets a year? Or just every 6 months?

14. Infamously

MVP

Ratings:
    +477
    Reset every 6 months so it doesnt get crusty

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vxtal

Vxtal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +836
    +1 and I'm not even a towny player. Money needs to be spent on advertising to get the player count up, when the player count is fixed expanding can be done once again.

• GG GG x 1
    • AMAZING! AMAZING! x 1
  16. Infamously

MVP

Ratings:
    +477
    Should play towns wit me we rule towns

• AMAZING! AMAZING! x 1
  17. shadowspace13

shadowspace13 Active Member
    MVP+

Ratings:
    +225
    Shadowspace14
    Creative would need to be kept because of the Build Team. So I'm sure that would be left in the server too

18. Vxtal

Vxtal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +836
    I do play towns but barely, and I cba to grind people just give me money and I build shi

19. Infamously

MVP

Ratings:
    +477
    I am god at grinders so issa ok

• HYPE! HYPE! x 1
  20. Duckey

Duckey Retired-Staff
    MVP

Ratings:
    +3,275
    I think it's sad that this option is even being discussed, but at the same time i get why.. you guys put a lot of work into kitpvp and nobody plays it.. I really don't think it's the server's fault at this point, i think it's just minecraft in general.. everything that could be done has been done and people are getting bored.. sadly for us our playerbase was already low when people started getting bored.. anyways... it's sad but i get it.. :sorry:

• Like Like x 2
    • AMAZING! AMAZING! x 1